Monday, June 16, 2008

Scuba Certification

Just in time for our honeymoon, Linnsey and I just completed our 4 open water certification dives this past weekend for our scuba certification! It was freezing and there was terrible visibility, but we still had a lot of fun. Knowing that conditions in Bali would be vastly better was a pretty good incentive to get to Monterey by 6:45am each day and into that frigid water.

The highlight of the dives for me was seeing a cormorant skim the bottom at 25 feet in search of fish. Since seeing this in the BBC's Planet Earth documentary, I've thought this was the coolest thing ever (they can fly, and they can swim!), and I've wanted to see it in person. I tried to point it out to Linnsey, but she didn't look in time. Hopefully we'll get to see it again.

No comments: